Spring Outings for Seniors in St. Louis
Spring weather is here and many St. Louisans are taking the opportunity to get out and end their cabin fever. There are many opportunities for seniors and their loved ones to enjoy spring in St. Louis. Here are a few favorites.
- Morpho Mania at the Butterfly House. Celebrate spring with a visit to the Butterfly House in Faust Park. During March, thousands of bright blue Morpho butterflies are on display in the garden conservatory. For more information, call 636-530-0076.
- Fun at the History Museum. The St. Louis History Museum offers all sorts of fun for all ages. Seniors will enjoy a trip down memory lane by visiting the current Route 66 Exhibit. Other fun events include the Scott Joplin: King of Ragtime Concert on March 19 and Irish Step Dancing on March 22.
- Botanical Garden Orchid Show. Get inspired for spring at the 2017 Orchid Show, featuring hundreds of blooming orchids in the Garden’s Orthwein Floral Display Hall. The show runs March 1 – 26. For details, call 314-577-5100.
- UMSL’s Free Community Concerts. Music fans can enjoy free classical music concerts featuring UMSL students and alumni at the Touhill Performing Arts Center in St. Louis County. Visit their website for a schedule of events.
- Celebrate the Cardinals Home Opener. The Cardinals Home Opener is an unofficial holiday in St. Louis. Enjoying the game doesn’t require having a ticket. Regardless of where you plan to watch the game, it’s always more fun with friends and family. Fans of all ages enjoy getting together for hot dogs, peanuts and the national pastime.
These are just a few of the many fun opportunities that St. Louis has to offer. We’d love to hear your favorite spring activities in the comments section below.
If you find that social outings have become too much to handle alone, contact us. With the help of an SHC caregiver, you can continue to safely enjoy family outings together.
Join the Discussion
Seniors Home Care reserves the right to remove anything deemed inappropriate, off-topic or otherwise questionable; however, we have no responsibility to do so.