24-Hour In-Home Care – Uses and Benefits to Seniors and their Family Caregivers
More than ever, seniors are spending their golden years in the comfort of home. This is largely due to the availability of 24-hour care – full-time in-home assistance and supervision to individuals who would otherwise need to move into an assisted living facility.
There are various situations in which 24-hour care (long-term or temporary) is best suited. They include:
- Individuals who are at risk when left unattended – usually due to physical frailty or cognitive impairment
- Recently released hospital patients needing assistance, encouragement and supervision
- Families caring for an elder full-time in need of respite or a vacation
- Spouse or family assistance
By enlisting in 24-hour care, a senior will receive one-on-one care from a consistent team of trained and experienced caregivers. This direct care provides:
- Safety in the familiar home environment
- Reliable supervision and support
- Companionship, through personal assistance and interaction
- An advocate for the elder’s best interest
- Stimulation of mind and mood – an experienced caregiver can match enjoyable activities to a client’s capabilities
- Peace of mind to families – visits can focus on enjoyment, free from the stress of caregiver duties
- Regular meals and medication reminders
This is not to say that caregivers replace the affection of a senior’s loved ones. By using 24-hour care, you are not abandoning your loved one but rather enriching both of your lives. An agency is not there to take over; it’s there to assist you and help your loved one lead a safe and dignified life. You are a part of the team.
Seniors Home Care would like the opportunity to help preserve your family’s welfare. Company founder Kit Whittington, RN discovered her calling while providing care for her own grandmother (watch a brief video of Kit recalling her experience). You can count on us to be there when you cannot, confident that we’ll treat your loved one as tenderly as our own.
Several factors that set SHC apart include:
- Our caregivers are awake, alert and oriented during all shifts, including overnights, to ensure utmost safety.
- A registered nurse and scheduler are available 24/7 to assist any client or caregiver needs that may arise.
- All cases are overseen by an SHC registered nurse, with the option of additional case management.
- All employees have a drug screen before/upon hire. SHC also does random drug screening for all employees (using a third party clinic).
If you live in the Greater St. Louis area and would like to learn more about how our services could benefit your situation, give us a call at 314-962-2666 or send us a note by clicking here.
Join the Discussion
Seniors Home Care reserves the right to remove anything deemed inappropriate, off-topic or otherwise questionable; however, we have no responsibility to do so.