Shhh…A Great Library Service Few People Know About
You’ve reached your golden years. Nine to five days and time raising children have long passed.
Perhaps early retirement was spent traveling and pursuing lifelong dreams. Now is the time to enjoy simpler pleasures – being with family, reading a favorite book or watching a classic movie.
Many St. Louis libraries are taking measures to make their catalog available to seniors who are no longer able to visit them. Through Homebound Services, libraries deliver material to district residents who are unable to get to the library due to illness or physical limitations.
Materials available for delivery include:
- Books (including large print)
- Television shows
- Music CDs
Libraries can deliver specific items or make suggestions based on an individual’s preferences. Contact your local library to find out if such services are offered. We've provided contact information for several St. Louis area libraries:
- Brentwood Public Library – 314-963-8630
- Ferguson Municipal Public Library – 314-351-8237 (for Dial-A-Book homebound service)
- Kirkwood Public Library – 314-821-5770 (click here for online information)
- Maplewood Public Library – 314-781-2174
- Richmond Heights Memorial Library – 314-645-6202
- Rock Hill Public Library – 314-962-4723
- St. Louis County Library – 314-994-3300 (click here for online information)
- St. Louis Public Library – 314-241-2288
- University City Public Library – 314-727-3150
- Valley Park Community Library – 636-225-5608
- Webster Groves Public Library – 314-961-3784
If your library does not offer homebound services, there are still ways to enjoy their collection. A Seniors Home Care caregiver would be happy to help you or a loved one enjoy a favorite classic. SHC caregivers can pick material up or provide transportation and assistance getting to and from the library with someone unable to do so independently. To learn more, please contact us.
Join the Discussion
Seniors Home Care reserves the right to remove anything deemed inappropriate, off-topic or otherwise questionable; however, we have no responsibility to do so.